Thank you for visiting the Chicago Teacher Partnership Program website. Please check back for updates and new information to this page.
Lydia Stack presented to higher education faculty on the need to understand the increased language demands and content sophistication required to meet the Common Core State Standards, so that they can help pre-service teachers be better prepared to teach to the standards. Faculty from across the four universities was in attendance. Resources from the CTPP Winter Summit 2013 are listed below.
- Winter Summit Agenda 012513
- Lydia Stack Powerpoint
- Lesson 2 Handouts – Persuation in Historical Context
- 01_Bunch_Kibler_Pimentel_RealizingOpp in ELA_FINAL_0
- 02-JMoschkovich Math Appendix FINAL
- 02-JMoschkovich Math FINAL
- 04-Van Lier Walqui Language and CCSS FINAL
- 06-LWF CJF Text Complexity FINAL_0
- 09-Walqui Heritage Instruction for Diverse Groups FINAL_0
- 10-Santos LDH Teacher Development FINAL
- Academic Conversations copy
- CCSS Challenges for ELs_pl_feb12_goldenberg_Feb. 2012 copy copy
- CRESST CCSSs assessments copy
CPS CCSS Literacy Framework and Toolkits
Education Week Article: Standards Open the Door for Best Practices From Special Ed.
New CPS Teacher Evaluation System
Resources From the CTPP Fall Summit 2011
- Fall Summit Agenda
- Tim Shanahan: Common Core Standards Presentation
- Mary Jo Tavormina: Common Core Standards Presentation
- Raphael, T. & Au, K. (2011). Common Mistakes and Action Steps
- Wu, H.H. (2011). Bringing Math Common Core Standards to Life
Resources From the ISBE Website
Useful Internet Resources
- Common Core State Standards Resources
- Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers
- PARCC Classroom Tools
”Mathematics and the Common Core: Helping Illinois Educators Prepare for New Standards” organized by LSRI and CPS on February 16, 2011.
Chicago Public Schools: Resources and News
CPS Press Release: NWEA as District-Wide Measure of Student Achievement http://cps.edu/News/Press_releases/Pages/02_22_2012_PR2.aspx